 Castle / 20845
Re: BrickFest 2005!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2005 15:59:01 GMT

Ed,

Thanks for your thoughts and comments.

It seems that the idea of making the CCC dispaly smaller and more compact is a
popular one, and if there is space i also like your idea of having more pace ofr
an outside the walls type display. To be honest, it will depend a little on what
people choose to bring. If there are no peasant huts, windmills, forestmen bases
etc then there will be very little to put outside the walls. But if people make
a nice mix of things than having both a town/country display would be a great
idea.

Breaking the room into 4 distinct display areas has some potential, but I don't
want to dictate to people what to build and bring (; "Ok, we already have enough
tudor houses and castles so can you build a peasants hut or a travelling
merchant's wagon instead?") Having said that, I do like the idea of having a
communal display which is a little more dynamic and ambitious than last year's
Tudor Houses surrounded by a wall - and I'm excited to see where that could take
us.

In terms of pre-planned building though, I do think that encouraging people to
"think micro" is one way to make things a little different from last time, while
allowing builders a lot of freedom. I don't know yet whether there will be
seperate micro room or if the micro stuff will go in the appropriate themed
rooms yet, that is still all being planned.

I do like the idea of having a contest for either other AFOLs or the public, and
having as much funtional stuff as possible would be a nice touch as well.
Perhaps a catapult range?

Magnus