 Castle / 20898
Re: White vs Gray?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:58:41 GMT

Interesting thread. I had heard of castles being "whitewashed" before but never
the multicolor thing. Perhaps the KK2 are more historically accurate than many
of us would like to think? I know for sure that there was a trend for a while to
paint helmets various colors...

It is important to remember that the medieval period we're talking about is a
500 or so year timeframe involving an area that stretches from Ireland to deep
into Eastern Europe and the Middle East. So there would have been a lot of
variation and experiments with everything from heraldry to weapons to castle
building (and decorating) techniques.

Magnus