 Castle / 20835
Re: Minas Tirith scenes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 01:52:46 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jason Spears wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:

   Nope, that’s all LEGO, no Megablocks were used. If your comment is on the color, I think that’s a trick of the light bouncing off the walls.

Wacky, something seemed off, but maybe it was the light as you mention.

I have real problems with coloration. I’ll take two seperate photos one right after the other, and one will be all tinged yellow whereas the other looks right. I think it’s all due to very slight differences between the angle of the camera lens and the lamp I’m using to light the scene. For instance, in a MOC i’m just now photographing, the tan walls and the yellow-skinned minifigs look exactly the same color in the photo. I am getting more adept at using the color balance in Photoshop to fix these, though.

   Other things I noticed today (or someone else mentioned):

-Flooring in the House of Healing. Wow! How did you get the tiles at an angle like that? You’ve got to do a “behind the scenes look” now.

See my response to Joe.

   -The arches on the underside of the stairs, very slick. I really like how that looks and will be borrowing it myself in the future.

Thanks. The steps are important to the story, as a couple of times they go up and down them, so I wanted them to be attractive.

Bruce