 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 284
Re: L3P v1.3 for Mac OSX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 02:48:20 GMT

In article <H6BAJJ.Ay2@lugnet.com>,
"Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com> wrote:

It's the good old v1.3 from 20010120, but you get i before the Linux people
:-)
Since I don't have much experience in the Mac and only limited access,
I'll leave the testing to you guys. Please test every feature of L3P you can.
If things work out well, there should be an OSX version with every future
release of L3P.

I'm still working on release v1.4, I currently struggle with the orthographic
camera.

http://www.hassings.dk/l3/l3p/l3pmacosx.zip
/Lars

Whoo Hooo!

Thanks Lars

I gave it a quick try

http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/mini.jpg

and I noticed something strange. I don't know if the problem is with
POV-Ray 3.1g.r2 for Mac OS 9 and POV-Ray 3.5 for Mac OS X or with l3p,
but those two programs do not like the file that l3p creates. If POV-Ray
3.5 opens the file, POV-Ray 3.5 crashes. POV-Ray 3.1g.r2 refuses to open
the file and states that it can only open text files.

I checked the information for the file, and Mac OS X calls the file a
"document" not a "text file". I opened the file with BBEdit and saved
the file as a generic text file, and then POV-Ray had no problem with
it. Can l3p created a file that Mac OS X sees as a text file, or is this
a problem with Mac OS X?

Thanks,
Chris