 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 301
Re: L3P v1.3 for Mac OSX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 18:03:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Lars C. Hassing writes:

How does it behave badly?
Does it fail to read some lines?

Essentially the \r make it one big line. L3P says it has the wrong number of
fields. Maybe it reads the buffer limit and tries again because there is a
variety of error messages per file.

Now that you ask I don't know how one can use fgets for buffered reading of
\r terminated files. It's not like Perl where you can set the line
terminator of choice. For my LDRAW reading code I buffer the whole file and
recognize both CR and LF.

Mac Army Knife is one GUI tool that changes line endings. You open up the
"Line Endings" "blade" select "Unix LF" and drag the LDRAW folder onto it.

I'm looking at how to fork L3P from my Carbon app. The cleanest way might be
to send a "Do Shell Script" Apple Event to the Terminal.  (This will fail
gracefully on Mac OS 9 or older.) I would make a "Run L3P" dialog in
BrickDraw3D that allows choices of options. The options would default to the
last camera position used in BrickDraw3D.