 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 447
Re: L3P v1.3 for Mac OSX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:41:21 GMT

I am sorry to interrupt your interesting discussion, but I would like to
unsubscribe to this mailing list. Unfortunately, I have changed to a new
computer so I've lost the info on how to go on with that.

Again, sorry to interrupt.

/ Patrick Fridh - Lego freak, Sweden.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com>
To: <lugnet.cad.dev.mac@lugnet.com>
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 10:46 PM
Subject: Re: L3P v1.3 for Mac OSX

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Tom Bozzo wrote:
First off, many thanks to Lars for making this tool available for OS X!

You're welcome, nice to hear from Mac users.

L3P has been working very well overall, but I'm having an issue with • LGEO
parts
substitution, which I'm curious to know if anyone else has seen.  This • is
with
the 20021209 version of L3P, running under OS X 10.2.6, and both the • update 14
and 15 versions of the LGEO library.

The problem is that the generated POV-Ray code is not referencing the • LGEO
slope
objects for slope bricks (such as lg_3297_slope), so only the 'body' of • the
slope brick renders.  By accident, I found with one model that the POV • code
attempted to reference the *_slope object for a brick (the 4x4 space • radar
dish)
that doesn't have one.  This makes me suspect either the l2p_elmt.tab • file
(some
PC-to-Mac/Unix conversion issue?), or perhaps how L3P is reading it, as • the
underlying cause.

Good investigation! An internal datastructure (Lgeo flags) with bit fields
was laid out
differently on the Mac platform, than on the Intel platforms, and L3P was
reading
the binary l2p_elmt.tab directly into the structure, a classic bug I'm
afraid.
I have fixed the bug and made a new version available at
http://www.hassings.dk/l3/download2.html
/Lars