 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 283
Re: ldglite broke in Mac OS X 10.2.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 02:05:45 GMT

In article <H6A4BI.CpC@lugnet.com>,
"James Reynolds" <james@scl.utah.edu> wrote:

Hehehe.  I don't think ldglite broke with 10.2...  I had a bad LDRAW folder
(well, it wasn't the linux distro).  Anyway, at least I found out that the
makefile needs to be fixed:

ld: Undefined symbols:
___gxx_personality_v0
make: *** [ldglite] Error 1

I was told to fix this by adding "-lstdc++" to the cc flags.  So I changed:

CFLAGS=-g -I./osx -DUNIX -DMACOS_X ....

to:

CFLAGS=-g -lstdc++ -I./osx -DUNIX -DMACOS_X .....

It compiled, and it compiled "successfully".  Lots of warning and stuff.
The verbos stuff is at the bottom of this message.

I changed this and was able to compile LDGLite using the command line
too. However, I found that the precompile binary that I downloaded works
better (rotation is faster) than the one I compiled (rotation stalls).

The big thing that Apple screwed up with the terminal in 10.2 is the
terminal launching stuff. When terminal opens a shell in 10.2 none of
the commands in a users shell login commands is executed. Apparently,
Apple moved some important files from where they were to

I heard Apple purposely removed all their 10.1 shell customizations because
Unix admins new to Mac OS X didn't like them.  So they made it optional.
Read:

/usr/share/tcsh/examples/README

It tells you how to get all the 10.1 stuff back.  I tried ldglite without
the the shell customizations and it doesn't make a difference with ldglite.

I should take notes when I do things... When I installed LDGLite in
10.2, LDGLite couldn't find my LDRAW folder. Now I cannot remember if I
had the "setenv LDRAWDIR /Applications/MacLDGLite/LDRAW" line in my
~/Library/init/tcsh/path file  or ~/.tcshrc file or if I was trying the
~/Library/init/tcsh/environment.mine thing. I read that the out of the
box configuration for the terminal caused it to ignore a users shell
initialization files. Where did you put the "setenv LDRAWDIR
/Applications/MacLDGLite/LDRAW" line? Do you set the invironment with
your shell scripts, or does LDGLite Launcher tell LDGLite that line each
time it LDGLite Launcher launches LDGLite?

Anyway, sorry for the false alarm.

It is nice to hear that Apple is going to fix the title bar thing.

That menubar thing. I never had the problem in 10.1.x is it new to 10.2?
I tried to figure out how to get Project Builder to build the binary,
but I couldn't figure out how to get project builder to do it.

James

snipped compiling gobbledegoo

Chris