 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 281
Re: ldglite broke in Mac OS X 10.2.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 23:58:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse writes:
I feel like I missed half of this conversation somewhere.  What's
going on here, is there some super secret L3P OSX port happening
that I don't know about? :^)

Two days ago James mailed me (again :-) asking about L3P on the Mac,
and I suddenly remembered that Mac OSX is a Unix! (silly me)
Having almost done the Linux port (just need testing the casesensitive
filehandling) I gave the Mac a try.
Got an account at a colleague's Mac, scp'd the files there, did an ssh (pretty neat).
Changed the #ifdef __linux__ to __apple__ in the files, removed the
casesensitive stuff and typed make. It compiled in the first try!
However, it didn't link. Did a Google on gxx_personality and found the -lstdc++,
isn't Google great?
After a "setenv LDRAWDIR /Users/lch/ldraw" I typed "l3p car" and held my breath.
L3P outputted as usual and resulted in a nice car.pov. Great!
I send the l3p to James for further testing.
If it works satisfactory, you can certainly expect to have an OSX L3P
along with the DOS/Win32/Linux(i386) releases in the future.
/Lars
I'll finish the Linux port next week. Hopefully.