 CAD / Development / 5356
Re: part skins (was Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 21:56:01 GMT

Larry Pieniazek skrev i meddelandet ...

But suppose that we had a program to aid us, that could take a bitmap, • present
it to us in a large format view, and by doing edge identification, provide a
superimposed view of the edges that were present in the image. Those edges • are
the important part to us, as the edges will all need to be at least one edge
of 2 triangles... one triangle for one side and one for the other.
[...]

I have the beginnings of such a program, it puts the bitmap as background, and
you can draw polygons (triangles and quads) on top of that. You can zoom
in/out quite a bit, and it works decently fast (although not blindingly). You
can turn both layers on/off as you wish, and you can even delete polygons.

The only automation so far is that it can 'snap' new corners to previous ones,
to make it easy to put the polygons next to each other.

It's not producing 'real' .dat files yet (although viewable with Lxxx), the
scaling needs to be fixed/entered in a decent way too, and as I just moved
into a new (bigger) house, I won't have the time for any development in the
(near?) future...

It's written in Borland Delphi 5 (Pascal), and anyone interested can mail me,
and I'll send you the source.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm