 CAD / 4682
Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 20:01:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Peter A. Vogel wrote:

Here's an idea, to go along with the concept of a "parts palette" implied by
Ralph and mentioned explicitly by Steve:  Make a standard keyword indicating
the sets that the part appears in.  Allow a palette to be populated
automatically by set #.  Doesn't necessarily solve the "how many of these
are in a set" but that is less important than just not accidentally using a
part the set does not have...

Probably would be better to have 'palette files' that you can load into the
parts palette.  If we coded the set information into each part file, we'd
have to update large portions of the part-library every few months, as new
sets were released.

Steve