 Announcements / 2642
Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:03:30 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Previously, in lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock wrote about the AFOL Comic that will be distributed at BrickFest.

Here is some more information:

We’re very oversubscribed, there is a lot of interest, which is really great. Jake has allocated essentially the entire remaining print run to be distributed by this mechanism. We are going to set a deadline and not accept additional allocation requests after that. The deadline for submitting requests for the AFOL comic distribution is 1 August.

The basis for allocation is your club affiliation, because these are targeted to be used during club and outreach activities. If multiple people from the same club request comics, we’ll be trying to determine and identify which requestor should get the allocation. So if you know you and someone else in your club are both requesting, it would be very useful if you worked with them and modified your request in advance, before the deadline, as that will save us some manual effort in correlating requests.

Once the deadline has passed we will be contacting everyone that we have any unclear correlation about, asking for affiliations. Except in very limited circumstances, due to the volume of requests, most clubs will be receiving one box at most. Where it makes sense we may go with just 1/2 box. Thanks in advance for doing everything you can to help us make this as smooth as possible.

Repeating some of the info Christina shared:

The comic can be previewed at the BotB preview page

Each attendees will receive one comic in their registration bag.. so no need to order a full box if you just want one or 2. If you are interested in reserving a box or more for your club to distribute at your local events, then log into your BrickFest account and select the registration edit item page to adjust what you’re ordering

Larry Pieniazek,
display coordinator

See you in Arlington!