 Events / BrickFest / 2611
Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 17:32:37 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock wrote:
   Hi All, The new AFOLs Comic books are NOW available!!!

Woohoo! Hey, waitaminnit, I thought the title was going to be changed to something more non-AFOL-friendly... There was even a contest and everything. Oh well, at least the in-comic website got changed to something more immediately recognizable (and, apparently, squatted by TLC).

   The comic can be previewed at www.bricksonthebrain.com/comic/afols-final.pdf http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/comic/afols-final.pdf

Heh. While I can make out some sort of Mindstorms set and a Santa Fe Superchief at the bottom of the pile in the main cover image, the “kings of the mountain” are clearly BIONICLE pods. The discreet sight gags are great (the “car” being made of bricks and using a walkie-talkie as a cel phone on p4, reading a Quidditch book on p14...). I did notice one unfortunate grammar error on p13 (you work The LEGO Company).