 Events / BrickFest / 2599
Re: AFOLs Comic book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 17:22:47 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock wrote:
   The comic can be previewed at www.bricksonthebrain.com/comic/afols-final.pdf http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/comic/afols-final.pdf

I just wanted to make a quick comment on the comic book.

Check out the bottom-left picture on page 16. The AFOL on the left is showing his creation to a group of kids. Look at the expression on the face of the kid in the middle - wide eyed and showing a bit of awe. Then notice that the AFOL is putting his creation in the hands of the kid in the dark-red shirt, so he can take a close-up look at it.

I love this picture! I can almost hear the AFOL saying “Sure, you can look at it, here you go...”

Great attitute, great message, great picture!

Methinks I need to do that more often - let kids get a closer look at our creations.

JohnG, GMLTC