 Events / BrickFest / 2651
Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:18:03 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Jake McKee wrote:

As has been discussed before, the intent of the LEGOfan site IS NOT to take away
anything from any site that already exists. Rather, the purpose is to help
provide a single point for people new to the community to get to all the other
places in the community. LUGNET will be prominently featured in that.

LUGNET is not glossed over in this comic. Far from it - the entire back page has
a message from Todd to new fans about the AFOL community.

We are working hard to get the LEGOfan site soft launched, and should have our
first version up around the end of the month.

More information coming soon!

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

I think it would be really great if, by the time BrickFest rolled around, there
was at least a table of links to other community sites at legofan.net instead of
what is there now, which is nothing. Given the caliber of the people involved I
guess I'm rather surprised that SOMETHING wasn't put there in the 5 months or so
since legofan.net was announced! These are people who one would think are pretty
heavy hitters.

If at the time the comic is distributed to end users legofan.net *still* doesn't
point to anything, then it's time to question, but for now, I think a bit more
patience is in order. I'm not sure I see the need for legofan.net to ever be
more than that, merely a table of links, but I'm certainly willing to wait and
see what it develops into.