 Events / BrickFest / 2620
Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 03:51:52 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, David Laswell wrote:
   The discreet sight gags are great (the “car” being made of bricks and using a walkie-talkie as a cel phone on p4, reading a Quidditch book on p14...). I did notice one unfortunate

There’s a reference we really were honoured to be a part of: The Lego club portrayed in pp7-9 is none other than rtlToronto, acknowledged by the artist, who is a valued member of our group.

Little bits like the blue t-shirts with a white logo on the corner, the “Versus Grid” of competitors, the mildly hypocritical organizers (I would never use a pirate. But maybe a spaceman), the marble sorting contest at the university etc.

Calum