 Events / BrickFest / 2643
Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:12:04 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Frank Filz wrote:

"Bill Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message news:I0LwCI.LL8@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock wrote:
Hi All,
The new AFOLs Comic books are NOW available!!! You may have seen Jake's
announcement several months ago http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=960
<http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=960> These books are for handing out at shows
and events as a "recruiting" tool and to tell people about AFOLs.

Wow, this is great!  BayLTC has a GATS coming up on July 17-18.  How can we get
some in time for this?

Why isn't LUGNET mentioned in it?  LEGOFAN.org is just a parked domain...? And
since LEGOFAN.org contains the LEGO trademark, how does that work?

Lugnet is mentioned in the credits, but I agree, it would be better to have
Lugnet mentioned on that last page.

I think there is supposedly something going on with legofan.org, but it
doesn't seem to have progressed very far.

Frank

I agree.  I think the comic is great, and would love to have a copy and piles of
them to give to people.  But I think this one point spoils it for me.  It
strikes me as a snub to some very dedicated people and a large chunk of the fan
community.  If the idea of posting messages between fans is going to be hijacked
by another site, the least they could do is put some actual content on it.

So, add to the standard not-a-fan-anymore letter a section that says "I thought
__________ was really great, but I can't understand what possessed TLC to
undermine a lot of the effort by doing ___________!".

And a standard reply saying, "the marketing people made us do it..."

Jason Railton