 Events / BrickFest / 2633
Re: AFOLs Comic book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:16:54 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Todd Lehman wrote:
   In lugnet.events.brickfest, John Gerlach wrote:
   Check out the bottom-left picture on page 16. The AFOL on the left

That’s none other than Daniel Jassim!

   is showing his creation to a group of kids. Look at the expression on the face of the kid in the middle - wide eyed and showing a bit of awe. Then notice that the AFOL is putting his creation in the hands of the kid in the dark-red shirt, so he can take a close-up look at it.

Ya, he was really amazing with the kids at BricksWest 2003. Pretty much nonstop for several hours, kids were stopping by and he was tirelessly answering all their questions and showing them the insides of the ship and letting them move doors and see how much it weighed, etc.

Teddy Welsh was also amazing at that show. He was standing just a few feet from Daniel and showing his great big red ship.

   I love this picture! I can almost hear the AFOL saying “Sure, you can look at it, here you go...”

Great attitute, great message, great picture!

There’s a whole ton more where that came from...maybe I should make a slideshow or something.

   Methinks I need to do that more often - let kids get a closer look at our creations.

Ya, it’s really amazing to see the kids’ reactions. And they treat the MOCs with respect. :-)

Two of my all time favorite AFOL event pics are from BricksWest that year. I have two excellent pics of Keith Goldman and Dan talking to wide eyed kids. Classic stuff.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison