 Administrative / NNTP / 839
Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 02:32:07 GMT

Brad,

Please note that most people here don't like to post "me too" posts. Usually
the people who agree to what a post says will remain silent, while the
objecting parties will be a lot more vocal. I think that a great number of
people are *extremely* glad Todd has done this. People don't want to draw
attention to the spoofing posts, etc, because the hope was "ignore it and
he'll go away", and giving him attention is just what he wants. So not many
people are replying, but I think it is still fair to say that most people
are glad this is happening. I've talked to many people who are happy to play
along. I'm one of those people.

<plug> And if it's a problem for you - the easiest solution is to add
yourself to the ranks of those supporting Todd and Suzanne in running our
community, and become a member. <\plug>

-Shiri (who gets no percentage of anyone who joins... ;-) but is happy with
every new member.)