 Administrative / NNTP / 1074
Re: New Items on The Vault - 9/9/99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 18:47:22 GMT

Since attention was brought to this post, after re-reading it, I have some
comments (nothing very serious)...

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
This reasoning nicely allows someone to decide how much time they are
willing to commit to finding deals. If you want to just see the deals
that you can easily get, watch shopping only. Willing to shop around,
but don't have the time to keep up with auctions, add buy-sell-trade.
Live for LEGO, add auction.

In light of the recent reports on the S@H phone specials, perhaps they don't
belong in lugnet.market.shopping any more. I'm referring to the tendency of the
interesting items being sold out within minutes of the posting, or sometimes
even before the posting. I remember when phone specials usually were available
for at least a day or two after the posting.

I think several forces are at play:

- there are fewer items in the sales
- there are more of us
- Bricklink makes it easier to sell parts from parted out sets

One thing I'd like to see handled a bit better is to have more of the
discussion follow up to theory, that way the people really just looking
for a good deal, who don't care about how the market works, can ignore
the discussion (some discussion is appropriate for the advertisement
group because it is clarifying the deal).

This one still  bears some thought...

Frank