 Administrative / NNTP / 1073
Re: NNTP problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 04:40:21 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Mike Walsh writes:

"Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> wrote in message

[  ... snipped ... ]

I and others are having trouble with OE timing out when trying to get the
LUGNET messages for the past couple of weeks. I've increased my timeout
setting to 2 mins IIRC, which means I get the messages but it's very slow.

[ ... snipped ... ]

I am having a problem at work but not at home.  Same computer, a laptop I
haul back and forth.  At work it always times out and I set the timeout to
five minutes.  This failure started about two weeks ago as well.

Mike

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot

Ya, me too.  I didn't change my settings on my laptop.  I just used IE
instead at work after the problem started.  I have high speed cable internet
there.  But OE is not downloading all headers at home on dialup.  I wonder
if these incidences are related???

-Rob