 Administrative / NNTP / 1070
Re: NNTP problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:28:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Daniel Crichton writes:
"Rob Hendrix" <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I'm not getting any new messages with Outlook Express.  I haven't changed
any settings in over a year, and I just refreshed all my headers/bodies.
Anyone know where the problem lies?

Could be that OE has corrupted the last message ID so it thinks it's already
had the messages. You can fix this by right clicking on each group, choose
Properties, and on the Local File tab use the Reset button to clear
everything including the last message ID (if you don't use Reset it still
keeps the last message ID it thinks it's downloaded).

Dan

I did that already.  I meant to say that I reset it when I said that I
refreshed it.  Sorry for the misconception.  When I redownloaded the
newsgroup headers and bodies, I noticed still that there were messages missing.