 Administrative / General / 2850
Re: New Items on The Vault - 9/9/99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 19:10:52 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:
<snip nice hierarchy/gradation discussion>

Well said, I agree with your classification scheme, o Linnaeus. :-)

One thing I'd like to see handled a bit better is to have more of the
discussion follow up to theory, that way the people really just looking
for a good deal, who don't care about how the market works, can ignore
the discussion (some discussion is appropriate for the advertisement
group because it is clarifying the deal).

Yes.

This is a bit of a hot button for me. I think if you ran an analysis of
my posts here on LUGNET(tm) overall a goodly percentage of them contain
a suggestion that discussion should be in location X or discussion
doesn't belong in X or followups are set to X.

In particular I see market.auction as NOT being proper for theory of how
best to run auctions.... and
market.theory as NOT being proper for discussion of whether auctions are
actually a good thing, or whether the free market works, or whether
auctions are conceptually fair, or whether capitalism and market forces
are good or evil. That properly is the subject of off-topic.debate...

IMHO.

lugnet.