 Administrative / General / 3250
Re: "compartmentalized dorks"??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 09:47:24 GMT

Tony Kilaras wrote:

Todd Lehman wrote in message <382c5d58.131081710@lugnet.com>...

In a recent (and active) thread entitled "This is irritating" in RTL, it's
been suggested that "Lugnet was designed for compartmentalised dorks" and
that "[it's] for the dorks who can't make up [their] own mind whether to
read a posting or not" and that I am "constantly telling people where they
can and can't post a message on the threat of being expelled"...

I personally happen to disagree with these opinions, but am concerned about
how such an impression could have formed, and whether other people share
that view.

Never mind the stupid thread, any plans on importing rec.toys.lego and
alt.toys.lego to Lugnet (for the sake of completeness)? Maybe even going a
step beyond and having past messages of the two groups, even beyond what
deja.com has? A genesis of lego newsgroups, all in one place!

*That* IMO would be a huge mistake.  There's needs to be a public NG like RTL
out there for the masses where they can swear, veer way off-topic, and go
unchecked.  For folks who are willing to abide by some simple rules of order
and conduct, there is Lugnet.  It is vastly superior arrangement in every way.

Todd, it concerns me that this would concern you, because I would think that
you would realize that folks are here in Lugnet *because* RTL sucks.  We *like*
what you have done here{:^D   This person who is shooting off his mouth in RTL
about "compartmentalized dorks" (I won't mention Mark Harrison's name....oops;)
is most certainly alone in his beliefs.  And what do you know, he is free to
leave.

-John