 Administrative / General / 3265
Re: "compartmentalized dorks"??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:26:46 GMT

In a recent (and active) thread entitled "This is irritating" in RTL, it's
been suggested that "Lugnet was designed for compartmentalised dorks" and
that "[it's] for the dorks who can't make up [their] own mind whether to
read a posting or not" and that I am "constantly telling people where they
can and can't post a message on the threat of being expelled"...

I personally happen to disagree with these opinions, but am concerned about
how such an impression could have formed, and whether other people share
that view.

--Todd

I happen to disagree as well.  I happened to find LUGNET first and then RTL and
I would have to say that I have only ever really checked RTL a couple of times
and I simply don't have the time to sift through the posts there to find what
interests me.

The organization and general civility is what makes LUGNET such an enjoyable
place for me to be.  I know that recently I became a bit uncivil when I saw a
bunch of what I though were improperly placed .market posts and this is mostly
because I don't want to sift through a bunch of auction posts.  I was under the
impression that all .market posts were off limits to the other groups but I now
understand that sale and trade posts are OK at least as long as they don't get
out of control.  I have also decided to let you (Todd) handle all of the
improper posts at least until you decide you need help managing them.

Anyway I guess it all comes down to the fact that I think you are doing a
wonderful job and I wouldn't change a thing just because a couple of rebels
over on RTL think you are a tirant.  You are anything but and I think that is
what makes LUGNET such a great place for AFOL's and civil JrAFOL's.

Eric K.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/