 Administrative / General / 3263
Re: "compartmentalized dorks"??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:26:08 GMT

Another option, I suppose, would be to have sub-groups in each theme that
are for sales purposes.  I realize that this will muddy the neat structure
somewhat, but it will allow someone to view sales and auctions that are
specific to the themes that they are interested in.   Hmm.  On second
thought, this wouldn't work either, because 95% of the auction announcements
that I have seen are advertising everything that that person have available
at once, so you would still end up with a huge mess of postings that you
would need to weed through.

Never mind.

-Andy Lynch

Todd Lehman wrote in message <382dfeff.238016940@lugnet.com>...
In lugnet.admin.general, John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> writes:
[...] Todd, it concerns me that this would concern you, [...]

Well, I don't entirely disagree with Mark's opinions.  I disagree with the
words he used to express them, but not completely with their underlying
"core."

I do agree that it is, IMHO, somewhat unfortunate that theme-specific
auctions are separated from theme discussions.  But it's the choice • between
the lesser of two evils.