 Administrative / General / 3234
Re: "compartmentalized dorks"??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 19:14:57 GMT

In a recent (and active) thread entitled "This is irritating" in RTL, it's
been suggested that "Lugnet was designed for compartmentalised dorks" and
that "[it's] for the dorks who can't make up [their] own mind whether to
read a posting or not" and that I am "constantly telling people where they
can and can't post a message on the threat of being expelled"...

I personally happen to disagree with these opinions, but am concerned about
how such an impression could have formed, and whether other people share
that view.

Well, um, that's hooey, to be polite about it.

Lugnet is a well-designed site that offers people the option to read what they
want to, and ignore things they aren't interested in.  Quite frankly, if the
only internet forum for Lego was RTL, I seriously doubt I would still be
online.

Excellent work, Todd.  Out of curiousity, is Lugnet a valid nomination for
CLSotW?  :)  Only half in jest...

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/