 Administrative / General / 3249
3248  |  3250
Subject:
Headers problem...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:06:12 GMT

Below are the headers for a message that I recieved via the
news->mail gateway at lugnet.  (Where to get the whole message is
left as an excersize for the reader;):

From lugnet@lugnet.com  Thu Nov 11 20:40:22 1999
From: Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com>
Sender: news-gateway@lugnet.com
To: lugnet.loc.us.il.chi@lugnet.com, lugnet.loc.us.il@lugnet.com,
        lugnet.loc.us.in@lugnet.com, lugnet.loc.us.wi@lugnet.com,
        lugnet.loc.us.mi@lugnet.com, lugnet.loc.us.mn@lugnet.com,
        lugnet.general@lugnet.com, lugnet.org.us@lugnet.com
Subject: Chicago Legofest
Posted-Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 02:42:32 GMT
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 02:42:32 GMT

The things that are bothering me is that there is no way for me, at
the recieving end of this message, to filter this to the group that
it belongs in for me: lugnet.general

See, I'm not subscribed to any of the other groups (well maybe
lugnet.org.us, not sure, see my other message to see why :).

So my filter program (procmail) which is really good at shoving
things into folders, sees the X-Loop and puts it into a folder for a
group that I don't read, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi.

I wonder if this is something that can be "fixed" somehow.

It makes it hard to read groups like general where they are
cross-posted to a lot, from an email reader's point of view.

I mentioned mailman in my previous post,  I'm not sure it would help
in this case or not.  When used as a straight forward mailing-list
program, it adds a (for example)
Where the list is lego@gerf.org (Why that @ becomes a . I don't
know, but it's okay, for parsing).

But I have never used it as a news/mail gateway (and may suck at
that).

Ciao!

--
Have you heard that the next Space Shuttle is supposed to carry several Guernsey cows?
It's gonna be the herd shot 'round the world.

The Doctor What: "What, Doctor What"             http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC