 Administrative / General / 1783
Re: Cracking down on unauthorized image links
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 17:24:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Here is the new image:

  http://www.lugnet.com/oops.gif

How much closer is that to being less confusing?  (I realize it's not 100%
clear, but that's what the URL is for...the image needs to stay relatively
small in size -- the eyes and the mouth compact very nicely as a GIF, but
the text compresses very poorly.)

I didn't see the original (been out of town all weekend) but this one
seems very clear and easy to understand.

I think it's a great idea. The unsmiley face works well. If Todd were more
emotional about, it could have been a Fright Knight's face or even a pirate
face! Aaarrrrrrr!!

But Todd is very good about giving people the benefit of the doubt, much better
than I'd be.

-Tom McD.
when replying, store spamcake in your own cupboard thank you.