 Administrative / General / 1778
Re: Cracking down on unauthorized image links
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 01:33:39 GMT

D Sorkin <david_nospam@sork.com> wrote:
   http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=113461949

(Note:  these URLs probably won't work after about a week, or may already
have been fixed by the time you view them.)

I don't think that it's possible for sellers to delete text or links
from a listing; I believe that all they can do is add to it.  Also,
I think that those links should work for 30 days after the end of each
auction.

Yeah, I don't think they can change it after submitting, but at least
from now on they should be able to tell immediately that their theft
of server space and bandwidth isn't going to work.

Seems the person from the third example got a little pissy in his
listing.  Oh well.  The sad thing is the loser is still managing to
sell his set at a good price even after being such a whiney-butt in
his listing.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide