 Trains / 25756
Re: All plastic track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 05:13:25 GMT

   Would a 9V train have enough momentum to pass over a single section of plastic track? I’m thinking that the plastic track could be useful for separating different sections of a layout as far as power goes. A really slow train wouldn’t make it, but a really slow train with a motor at both ends would. You’d have to make sure the track polarity is the same on either side of the plastic track section, of course.

Oooh!!! That would be nifty. Electrical blocks. Also could be used for cheap sidings, if the price is right.

   In that same vein, would a single plastic section be helpful in making reversing loops? Doing this currently requires hacking the rails to insulate part of the track. If I understand the train community’s feelings, this alone would make the plastic tracks extremely useful.

Doesn’t that not work because of the polarity switching? Like you say above. Or would you isolate it twice, so that you have one independent section that has a seperate controller. Ooh yes! That oughta work.

Good thinkin’ man!

/me is now excited about Play Train.

-Stefan-