 Trains / 25720
Re: All plastic track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:41:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ted Michon wrote:
   It’s difficiult to buy 9V train stuff now except from S@H. With the new play train out, it will be impossible anywhere except S@H (Jake did say that track would now be a lego.com item). And I definitely heard the 9V TLC train guy say, in answer to the standard new track geometry question on Saturday morning, that no new 9V stuff was in the works. My point is 9V is now the “hobby train” and nothing (good) is happening with it.

Ted,

I’m sure all of us will agree that 9V train stuff is expensive. That means most retail stores (apart from LEGO stores and independent toy store) will avoid stocking these items except maybe during the Christmas season. So you’re right in saying that 9V is now the hobby train, and apart from S@H, its availability is limited.

However, I disagree with you when you say “nothing (good) is happening with it.” Assuming LEGO Factory is a success (and I really hope/think it will be), once LEGO Train Factory launches, a whole new door will be opened! The MOC line aside (Sante Fe train cars, Blacksmith Shop, etc.), this will be the first time that AFOLs (and kids) will be able to design and purchase what they want. If you like someone else’s design, you’re entitled to buy that instead!

To me, that is a good thing (and I’m not even a big train fan)...

-Bryan