 Trains / 25728
Re: All plastic track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:51:28 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jake McKee wrote:

   How do I know? Because I’m on the project team that’s working on the Hobby Train.

I’m open for questions...

OK, here’s two I was *dying* to ask at BrickFest, but didn’t want to take time away from the more “serious” questioners (i.e. - I’m not first & formost a train type).

(1) What is the battery life goal?

(2) Is the IR system potential compatable with the RCX? I’m already drooling at the idea of an RCX-controled train and stations, *without* having to fit the RCX into the train (and to all the folks about to suggest LDCC, current versions gut the firmware too much - it seems to be a RC system, not a computer driving a train system).

(3) How many addressible features could such a train have (Fwd/Rev certainly, but throttle? Lights? Horns?)

OK, that’s three. I can programm, but I can’t count. Personally, I also came away from BrickFest with a positive view of where the 9V system is headed, not negative. Pure and simple, more kids “gatewayed” into L-gauge means more potential customers for “adult” L-gauge setups.

-- Brian Davis