 Trains / 25741
Re: All plastic track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 04:50:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Jake McKee wrote:

snip snip

   2. After years of waiting patiently for new track geometry and expansion and always being told that it’s expensive and will take time, we get new track we don’t want: All plastic.

...and a committment to L Gauge (and I’m saying L Gauge rather than 9v). As I mentioned at BF, we’re not replacing the current system (like we have in the past when switching from 4.5 > 12v or 12v > 9v), we’re “stretching” it to include additional components.

Just to clarify Jake, will you be referring to both (Play and Hobby) as L gauge? That would make sense to me as they are all the same gauge. But it might confuse “real” train modellers - when we want to display at a train show with our L gauge layout, they might think (when Play Trains are launched) that we mean Play Trains, and turn up their noses (even more than they do now).

Actually, that’s a very good point. I was using L Gauge to refer to anything that uses the track gauge (distance between rails, obviously) currently used for both the Play and Hobby trains.

But I don’t pretend to think that I should be defining the usage of L Gauge - I’d actually turn this question back on the community... what do y’all think?

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison