 Trains / 25721
Re: All plastic track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:54:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Wong wrote:

   I’m sure all of us will agree that 9V train stuff is expensive. That means most retail stores (apart from LEGO stores and independent toy store) will avoid stocking these items except maybe during the Christmas season. So you’re right in saying that 9V is now the hobby train, and apart from S@H, its availability is limited.

I don’t see how that’s much different from the current situation, though. I have never seen a LEGO train set at TRU or Target, where I frequently buy other LEGO. For trains, I go to a LEGO store, or (around Christmas) an independent toy store -- and in the latter case, even around Christmas, they only carry the current train sets and not things like extra track. Maybe you’re luckier in your area, but that’s how it is where I shop.

Best,
Joe