 Technic / Bionicle / 1962
Re: Bionicle folks went away?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:13:35 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kyle Beatty writes:
In lugnet.technic, Steven Lane writes:

<quotes snipped>

I don't read Bionicle posts and I assume they don't read technic one's ...

I am here to tell you that your assumption is in error. I read the Technic
posts (the ones that aren't screeds about devolution of parts and the like)
and get much from them.

Well I wasn't expecting 100% absolute conformality wth my word's. You must
be the exception that prove's the rule.

... all this for the sake of mirroring Lego's hierarchy.

That's right. And your point is ... what? That by dint of hating a toy*, you
should enjoy the privilege of defining Lugnet groups? This is the same as if
I said, "I hate those [fill in some random steering part**] let's assign
them to some ghetto somewhere the other side of Duplo.***" Where's the
"friendly" in that?

If you can't integrate the new parts into your play, that's fine. But it is
manifestly uncool to try trash my enthusiasm.

Did you actually read my post. I've never trashed your right to enjoy
Bionicle that's an assumption on your part. I don't have to like Bionicle.
My argumets are bionicle is bad for Lego. And their inclusion in our
otherwise pristine group is bad for lugnet.technic. I haven't slagged of any
individual's or interfered with their pastime's, I'm just pro-segregation of
two unconnected discipline's.

Steve