 Technic / 6982
  Bi*nicle folks went away?

This is somewhat off-topic but has anyone else noticed that the background Bi*nicle noise is gone? A dreadful visit to .technic.bionicle gives that there is now days between the posts... Hope we did not scare AFOL's away from Lugnet but I must say (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

I think the reason been the forum site of BZCommunity, all fans have gone over there instead of Lugnet.. but more are coming as the Nuva arrives in Aug/Sept. So your not out of the woods yet ;) Webmaster of www.kanohi-power.com -- Mike Edwards (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) ...and I thought they were all just busy at school. ;) Scott A =+= Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) GOOD! Steve (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) Sorry to have obtruded on your sacrosanct purview. IOW: nice attitude. (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) I'm going to have to agree with Kyle on this one. A lot of people here have been rather snobbish about the whole Bionicle thing. Not just because Lugnet filed it under Technic, which frankly is where it belongs because Lego put it there. No, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) It is a concern that LEGO seams to be doing so many things wrong (not only my opinion, but a reasonable deduction based on their recent financial losses). And I find nothing wrong with people expressing their concerns in this forum. I event (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) Don’t take it too seriously, despite my jest ((URL) I do own quite few of the sets. I’m happy to give them a place in my little Lego/Technic world. Anyhow, most of the jibes were aimed at Bionicle-heads rather that Bionicle-sets. ;) Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) Apology accepted ;) And thanks for bringing another three words to my poor vocabulary! :) /Tobbe (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

Every so often, I feel compelled to comment. So excuse me but ... As an AFOL, what I do with Lego, specifically Technic and Mindstorms parts are very likely not what kids do. They couldn't - most of them don't own quite as much of the stuff as the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

Dean certainly has my vote on this Bionicle stuff. (How about a "Burn the Bionicle at the Beach Bonfire"?) When the Technic figure was first introduced back in 1986 (the 8600's sets) it was an interesting idea. One that could spark both interest in (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) The reason Bionicle and technic should not be in the same group is because thir is no cross-fertilisation between the two. Their is also an age gap between the two products. All that happens is that our respective posts get in each others way (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) That the two groups are combined is a Lugnet issue. The fact we hate Bionicle is a Lego issue, their two seperate and distinct arguments. The easy test that we're right is that if the two groups had split, no one would bother to argue that (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) Everyone probably already knows about this, but I thought I would get this out here anyway. LEGO Technic elements can easily be obtained by contacting (URL) resource for raw elements. $0.02 By the way, why doesn't LUGNET just make a BIONICLE (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle folks went away?

In lugnet.technic, Steven Lane writes: <quotes snipped> (...) I am here to tell you that your assumption is in error. I read the Technic posts (the ones that aren't screeds about devolution of parts and the like) and get much from them. (...) That's (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle folks went away?

(...) Well I wasn't expecting 100% absolute conformality wth my word's. You must be the exception that prove's the rule. (...) Did you actually read my post. I've never trashed your right to enjoy Bionicle that's an assumption on your part. I don't (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle folks went away?

In lugnet.technic, Kyle Beatty writes: Kyle you expletive deleted, You set the FUT to bionicle, now everyone in Technic will miss my responce, and I'll be open to more tirade's from bloomin Bionicle's fans. Grrr My response for those using e-mail or (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) Yes, but very expensive. IIRC, when Lego used to sell those accessory packs, they were about 1/2 as much. Granted it's been a long time since, I don't think they'd be as much if Lego still sold them. TJ (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

I personally think the objections to Bionicle here is the storyline side, not the building side. The storyline just has little interest in those of us who are not into the fantasy aspect of LEGO. I have to admit having the same feeling reading some (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) If they only would ship _outside_ US I'd be set (and broke)... (...) Bionicle is part of the Technic line of some reason. I would not mind having the bionicle folks in their own subgroup but they constantly flooded the technic group aswell. I (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) I'd have to say lugnet.build.mecha is the missing piece between technic and bionicle and quite frankly I find the Mechas utterly cool! I'm even building my own right now. But it's still a long way to bionicle and technic. Mecha seems to be in (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) Now that would be something! How about an Expert Builder version of Bionicle? LOL- a challenge indeed. TJ (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) Isn't that an oxymoron? William (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes: <snip> (...) flood the Technic group? My definition of flooding would be scores of posts in a matter of days. Since the beginning of 2002, there has been a grand total of 123 Bionicle posts. It seems like (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) It seems that William has taken up the challenge to put his parts where his mouth is. (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) Only problem is they don't have the full range of elements. Try finding half thickness lift arms for example. Or, my favourite, black beams, or any colour, but in the size/number I want. For example, I'm building a crane boom, and need 4 16U (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) Find your nearset supplier at (URL) your bank balance!) ROSCO (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle folks went away?

(...) This is a complex argument to start with. For Lego the company, Bionicle has been very, very good. For the proliferation of Lego Technic sets that are big and fancy, perhaps Bionicle is bad. I could accept the argument that Lego will produce (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  RE: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) his (...) Nah! I like the Bionicle bits - lovely colours, great parts, love the ball and socket stuff, but the only thing you (may) be seeing from me are pneumatic walkers using the lift arm with ball parts as legs and other such creatures. (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) And don't forget the very, very meaningful debate about what MOTM should be called! Think that one got 72 per hour at one point. Discussion is healthy, its what sets us apart from the apes (or should that be Rahi?) William (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle folks went away?

(...) Ok I'll adjust my above statement to read Bionicle is bad for Lego Technic. (...) This whole argument reignited because of my one word retorical response to Tobbe's original post. (And it would be rude not to reply to reply's) (...) I wouldn't (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) Did I mention English is my second language? Flood is obviously wrong word here, but I think I can turn this to my right :) Imagine the .technic.bionicle group has a wide stream of messages, if it get's to crowded they will flood .bionicle and (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) That was meaningful to me, I got my name. The useless flame-war if Tim was right or not was a pity though since both him and I had agreed already. AND PLEASE DON'T BRING THIS DISCUSSION BACK TO LIFE AGAIN :))) (...) /Tobbe (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) carry big sets not parts :( (...) Thanks but it's a little late, say two years or since I got out of my dark ages cave :) /Tobbe (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle folks went away?

(...) Just to add some more fuel to this, everybody HAS noticed that the 'Technic' logo is conspicuous by it's absence on the new Bionicle Bohrok and Bohrok-Va products and catalogues, haven't they? ;-) Maybe somebody DID take it up with Lego?!? (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle folks went away?

The Technic Logo is conspiciously absent from _ALL_ 2002 "Technic" sets that we've seen boxes for thus far (Bionicle, Racers, Star Wars). I mentioned this in a past thread. IMHO, TLC will eventually phase out the Technic brand completely (just like (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) Stipulated! I thought the fact of your response to the challenge was acceptance enough. :) I'm thinking of giving it a go myself, but I'm afraid the existence of such a massively recursive Technic model may open a rift in the time/space (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) the biggest single Bionicle discussion wasn't about Bionicle dierctly but about the avatars on Brickshelf. A regrettably polarizing situation that was resolved nicely by the various admins. - Kyle (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle folks went away?

(...) And a "Dark Age" will begin for many :< Ron (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) I agree with Mike Edwards that most of the traffic has moved over to BZCommunity.com. And why wouldn't it? It seems like the very mention of Bionicle here on LUGNET prompts overkill threads like this. :) I manage online communities for a (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) background of .technic?! I sure have. To tell you the truth though, I absolutely hate bionicle. Why? Here's a few of my reasons as to why Bionicle is the bane of bricks... (1) Over-done specialty parts that have not pareticular use outside of (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

I can't really disagree with your points. (...) True enough. (...) That's subjective, but it certainly is oversimplified kiddie-cartoon quality. (...) You probably just wish they'd spend that much effort promoting the other sets. It does make you (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

<<snip>> (...) In the same scale or can I upsize things a bit? /Tobbe (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

Do what you can. I think, however, that making one the same size, to fit in the same package, using parts that you approve of as "real technic" is not only possible, but would be a good way to show LEGO how it "should have been". --Jack Gregory (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)