 Technic / 15608
Re: Power Functions Element Pics (inc Plugs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:33:06 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote:

OK, here's a few while you wait :-)

Thank you! I like the small(er) size of the motors; do the large motors also
have a  stud recesses down one side? It actually looks in both bases as if the
pin connections are fairly well placed. I'm not overjoyed with the "hard-wired"
nature of these either, but with those small thin cables it does allow you to
mount these motors into tighter spots without worrying as much about leaving the
connector plug avalible (or, for kids, loosing the wires). It also looks like
the outputs from the IR system are color-coded? And since you called them the
"large motor" and "medium motor", well... can I hope?

Out of curiosity, have you tried the "magic motor demo" with these yet? It
certainly looks like you could stack outputs, which could be interesting.

Heck, this stuff is small enough that now my large-scale NXT-guided robot could
arry a small-scale ROV for "tight space exploring". Line-of-sight IR back to the
NXT carrier, then BT control back to my handset, with the whole thing visible on
video with my minispycam attached to the main chassis or ROV. Ideas, ideas...

--
Brian Davis (who is wondering why, if those Power Function cables are flexible,
the NXT ones had to be thicker... not that I mind with the way I sometimes abuse