 Robotics / 26911
Re: Power Functions Element Pics (inc Plugs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:08:17 GMT

I searched for the dinosaur set on Brickshelf and got a fuzzy pic of the
box. Apart from the elements you mention there appears to be a white box
which could be a sound system. Can you explain what it is and how it
ties into all of this?

linmix

Mark Bellis wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote:

In lugnet.technic, Dan Berladyn wrote:

1).  I am envious...

2). Can you post pictures of the underside of the connector, the battery box
connector and the IR connector?

I would much appreciate it, thanks.

Here are the pictures of the Power Functions elements from the Bulldozer 8275,
including pictures of the plugs.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=226241 (when modified).

You can see it's a 4-wire system.  There are basically 2 wires for power and 2
for control.  I'll give more details when I can.

There will be compatibility with the 9V system sufficient to allow existing 9V
motors, lights and leads to be used with this system.  It will also be a route
to facilitate end-to-end connections.  This is not yet obvious but, again, I
will post more details and pictures when I can.

Mark

hey mark,
thank you for posting all of this info. i look forward to seeing the gallery
but it seems to be taking forever to be moderated. is there a chance you could
post some deep links?
ondrew

OK, here's a few while you wait :-)

Basic system as used in the creator dinosaur set 4958 (inc handset & battery
box):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Power-Functions/pf_basic_system_for_dinosaur.jpg

RC IR receiver:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Power-Functions/pf_ir_rx_front.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Power-Functions/pf_ir_rx_rear.jpg

Large motor (inc plug top):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Power-Functions/pf_large_motor.jpg

Medium motor (inc stud recesses on bottom and plug bottom):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Power-Functions/pf_medium_motor.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Power-Functions/pf_medium_motor_bottom.jpg

Mark