 Technic / 15598
Re: Power Functions Element Pics (inc Plugs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:32:32 GMT

On 28/02/07, Dan Berladyn <dberladyn@hotmail.com> wrote:
OK, here's a few while you wait :-)

Basic system as used in the creator dinosaur set 4958 (inc handset &
battery
box):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Power-Functions/pf_basic_system_for_dinosaur.jpg

RC IR receiver:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Power-Functions/pf_ir_rx_front.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Power-Functions/pf_ir_rx_rear.jpg

Large motor (inc plug top):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Power-Functions/pf_large_motor.jpg

Medium motor (inc stud recesses on bottom and plug bottom):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Power-Functions/pf_medium_motor.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Power-Functions/pf_medium_motor_bottom.jpg

Mark

I can't say that I am a fan of the "permanent wires" or the connector end
itself, but perhaps I just don't like change.  I wonder if there will be
extension cables for sale?  Actually the more I think about it, the more I
forsee the attached cables being a problem (either too long or too short).

Thanks for the pics.

Dan

Hmm, I will add my voice in saying thanks for the pics. Definitely interesting.
I agree that I would prefer to have connector terminals on active
bricks, and not permanently attached cables.

What also I find awkward is that we now have divergence in Lego
connector styles, which is not a great thing. There is the old style
two core, which I can reasonably agree is no longer adequate. the NXT
connector, and this connector. It does not bode well for expanding
sets with compatible pieces. I realise that the NXT connectors are in
many ways not quite "Lego Like", but they are a very appropriate
connector, with good firm connections.

Will adaptor cables be available for this new style to be usable with
the NXT maybe? I would love to be able to connect that IR receiver
there to it.

One more thing (and I am in danger of having missed another thread if
it was mentioned there) - has the IR been figured out here yet? Is it
similar to the Manas protocol?

Cheers,
Danny
--