 Robotics / NXT / 319 (-100)
  Reusing Terminals in NXT-G Blocks

This is for NXT-G Block programmers: I've written some description how one can use one terminal for multiple purposes, and dynamically change it's front panel and tooltip text. See details, and download VIs needed here: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (17 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Optimized Array Handling

Thanks Dick, I also found info on how arrays are handled in the Executable File Spec. I didn't see it before. My cut on this is that I will use single-dimension arrays in non-time-critical areas and avoid mult-dimensional arrays alltogether. It (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Improving the firmware?

After the release of the source code for NXT firmware version 1.04, I was wondering if anyone is considering to open a community project to create an improved firmware. I think an improved firmware which is compatible with version 1.04 opcodes (so (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Template VI Library Block

I published online a new block, which allows NXT-G developers to create "library" NXT-G blocks, i.e. blocks with commom input/output wiring scheme but different functionality. It allows efficient encapsulation of many blocks into one user-friendly (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

LEGO released the open source firmware for the ARM CPU. They did not release the firmware source for the BT module which is proprietary code developed by the BT module/hardware manufacturer (CSR) CSR's BT module is a "Bluecore V2.0" version. The (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT parts for MLcad

(...) Unfortunately, 54087 has not yet be modelled, you have to use 44292 as a mockup (in early MDP days the parts kit we got 44292 instead of 54087...). The only funtionnal difference between those wheels is that 54087 includes ribs to engage the (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Games for the NXT

Hello! I have established a webpage for collecting games for the NXT. This should be a place for downloading games an to collect knoeledge about programing games for the NXT. Because there are so many english webpages this is currently in german. (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

Hello! Is there any information (in the files or at the internet) how to compile it) Greetings from Germany (17 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text languages for programming NXT?

That helps a lot, John - thank you very much! (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text languages for programming NXT?

(...) To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a version of Java for the NXT yet. Brian Bagnall could say for sure but I expect it won't be long before there is something like leJOS for the NXT. NBC is available for multiple platforms (Win32, Mac (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text languages for programming NXT?

(...) Hi Brian, I have a very strong preference for RobotC. The executing code runs very fast, and it is a full C programming language. Kevin (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text languages for programming NXT?

(...) Hi Brian, I have a very strong preference for RobotC. The executing code runs very fast, and it is a full C programming language. Kevin (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Text languages for programming NXT?

What text-based languages are available right now for programming the NXT? And which of them are somewhat mature at this point? A Google search turns up a few, such as NBC and NNQC and even a version of Java for the NXT, but what's the popular (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

(...) Thanks for the good info -- I had forgotten that BT allows for so many services. Mindsensors' Playstation 2 controller interface must be converting the "human interface" signals into serial port messages. Now that the official firmware can be (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  RE: NXT Optimized Array Handling

I would suggest that the easiest way to understand how standard firmware handles arrays is to go to the NI web site and do a search on something like "efficient LabVIEW memory management" which will result in a nice description of how LabVIEW (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Line Follower

(...) Thanks Steve! It's perfect. I will use it in one of the NXT robots. But now, part of this project is to show some comunications between two robots, (and the other one is a RCX driven. It will also follow a line). I saw some time ago a small (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How to implement continuous drive with NXT motors?

"John Brost" <john.brost@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:JB9BCx.Bt7@lugnet.com... (...) Aaargh. I looked into the complete collection of blocks again. I had only noticed the "Motor" block for legacy motors, not the one for NXT motors. Of (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Line Follower

(...) Patrick, I've made a block for NXT-G (the software that comes with the NXT) that does all the "line-following" stuff. All you need to do is put it in a loop, and set the parameters... (URL) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Line Follower

Hi, I am starting a project for robotics in my daughter school, and I want to show a line follower example. The goal is to make the kids mount a custom path mande from EVA tiles with the line printed in it, and the robot will make this path. So, the (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: How to implement continuous drive with NXT motors?

(...) I'm not exactly following what you want here, but if you want a block that will turn on a motor, and then move on to another block, what you probably want is a "MOTOR" block, not a "MOVE" block. Using a Motor block, you can choose all kinds of (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: How to implement continuous drive with NXT motors?

"David Wallace" <dww.robotics@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:JB74z0.K8v@lugnet.com... (...) Same here, except my move will be to Java which I know best. I may try out NBC at some point. It seems to me the downramp in speed when using the (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Bluetooth/Brick

Dear all, I'm working now with a bluetooth to communicate with my NXT. The comport is COM7. When I run NXT Remote the NXT is responded to the commands. When I run BricxCC the Bluetoot is not recognite, message no connection to the programmable (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC Control of RCX Sensors

(...) The RCX sensor itself does not work without activating its LED. IN_TYPE_REFLECTION is the mode you should use with it (IN_TYPE_LIGHT_INACTIVE and IN_TYPE_LIGHT_ACTIVE are for NXT light sensor). As you noticed, the RCX light sensor has some (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC Control of RCX Sensors

Another observation. It seems that the IN_TYPE_LIGHT_INACTIVE is really not meant to be used with the RCX light sensor. There is very little sensitivity with this setting. The IN_TYPE_REFLECTION setting is much more sensitive. Too bad that we lost (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC Control of RCX Sensors

OK, I answered my own question. I just needed to set the sensor type to: IN_TYPE_LIGHT_INACTIVE for RCX light sensor with the LED ON IN_TYPE_REFLECTION for RCX light sensor with the LED OFF (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NBC Control of RCX Sensors

Has anyone tried to control the RCX sensors with NBC? I have the converter cable and hooked up my RCX light sensor, but only got back readings of 53 (percent full scale). I used the NBC SetSensorLight command which should set the sensor to turn on (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: How to implement continuous drive with NXT motors?

I am not a NXT-G expert. I'm a programmer, so I moved to NBC pretty quickly. It's much easier for me to do things in a language than with graphics (not to mention the programs are 1/10 the size of NXT-G). Good Luck! David (17 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

"David Wallace" <dww.robotics@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:JB3HDF.3EL@lugnet.com... (...) I suppose you have to make the change between drive direction blocks by means of some "until sensor actuated" block, then? This was my very first (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

In article <JAynn0.90L@lugnet.com>, Jordan Bradford <jordan_bradfordREMO VE_THIS_SPAM_THINGY@...tmail.com> writes (...) I have not tried this, but I would expect it to work. (...) Alas, this will not work. Bluetooth is just a means of carrying (...) (17 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Sending program by bluetooth

Hi Jan, I had asked this question of John Hansen a while back. His response follows. Note that this reduced my connection time in BricxCC from 17 seconds to 3 seconds. "First use NeXTTool.exe to create a nxt.dat file like so: nexttool -listbricks > (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Hi David, For the motor block, did you choose "Unlimited" in the "Duration" field dropdown box? It defaults to 1 "Rotation". David Wallace "David List" <zerobuttons@gmail.com> wrote in message news:JB3A0n.2MH@lugnet.com... (...) block (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  How to implement continuous drive with NXT motors?

Can anyone here help me get continuous drive with NXT motors? I am using NXT-G now, while getting a feel for Mindstorms NXT. I experience that I am unable to get continuous drive with the motors when shifting from one block to another. The speed (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Sending program by bluetooth

Dear All, I send a program compiled (NBC) with the Bricx Command Center to my NXT with a Bluetooth connection. It takes a relative long time before my NXT is ready to run. Is this normal? Can I improve this time? Regards, Jan Kromhout (...) (17 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT Optimized Array Handling

There doesn't seem to be any information on the most memory-efficient or speed-effecient way to handle arrays in the NXT Executable File Specification. For example, if you want to create a multi-dimensional array, you use the opcode OP_ARRBUILD (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

Is it possible to connect BT devices to an NXT without using a passkey? The device I'm trying to use (a Nintendo Wii remote) doesn't use passkeys, AFAIK, since when I connect it to my PC I skip the pairing process. (17 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Omni teaches physics.

I've posted some project of mine, demonstrating how Steve Hassenplug's "Omni" can be used to teach some basic physics: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (17 years ago, 27-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Bluetooth and windows 2000

I am using a Compaq (HP) nc8000 laptop which has a built-in BT device and it works fine with Windows 2000, so BT should be OK on W2K (with the right device). "Patrick Levy" <patrick@omiccron.com.br> wrote in message news:J7HJJI.6x3@lugnet.com... (...) (17 years ago, 24-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  PSP-Nx PS2 Controller block for NXT-G

I've finally released my NXT-G block for mindsensors.com PSP-Nx PS2 controller interface. Details, download and installation instructions are here: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (17 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Arrays in NXT-G

I've made a new NXT-G block for using numeric arrays in NXT-G. Details and download are found here: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (17 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Not eXactly C beta release news

Today I am releasing a new beta of NBC and its highly popular high-level sister Not eXactly C (NXC). It is available via the NBC website ((URL) sure to also download the latest BricxCC test release for updated NXT support for both NBC and NXC ((URL) (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) Not to put too fine a point on it, but the 100 cycle limit is only on the lock bits, I think. This is specified at the extreme limits of voltage and temperature. At normal room conditions, actual NXTs were reflashed (which cycles the lock (...) (17 years ago, 19-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

"Steve Lane yahoo.co.uk>" <stevenrobertlane@<n...pamplease> wrote in message news:JABnK0.15z@lugnet.com... (...) Fortunately the most common failure mode is a reduction in the "longevity" of storage. Out of box, the Atmel ARM flash is specified to (...) (17 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

(...) Yes. I didn't end up using it because speed ended up being more critical than precision, but for narrow lines I may go back to it. I suspect I might be able to use it to follow lines drawn by a black marker. (...) No. Well, kind of. I used a (...) (17 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT candid camera

(...) The second video is better, I think. Spike was always my favorite NXT robot. (17 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

Hi Geoffrey, (...) Detecting 1x1 plates should not be hard if they pass close to fiber optic end to efficiently block light. (...) I believe it's caused by the blue background I used that somewhat fooled my camera white balance. That said there is a (...) (17 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

(...) Hi Brian, What kind of application needed this precision? Line follower? Did you need to shield the fiber to avoid stray coupling of light to the phototransistor? Philo (17 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT candid camera

LEGO has posted two short movies of NXT robots playing tricks to people in a toys store... (URL) Don't forget to click on the thumbnail below to watch the second video. Have fun! Philo (17 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) Ralph - I'll send them to you. If you want, mail me the byte format and I'll see if I can run a conversion. I presume it's in the vertical byte format that the screen uses? I did a full 256 character set that includes upper case, lower case, (...) (17 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

(...) I've also used this the other way around, using a fiber optic cable to route light to the phototransistor itself. Do this with more than one light sensor, and you can have much better spatial resolution (the ends of two fiber optic cables can (...) (17 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:JAF8tF.16H@lugnet.com... (...) That's good to hear. (...) I'll have to download and check out your program. It looks great! I'll also have to see if I can get the sensor to detect 1x1 (...) (17 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

Hello Geoffrey, (...) First, don't worry about heat - such leds are really cool (thermically wise) devices! This one dissipates only about 20 mW... Your fiber optic cable idea is interesting... and it works well! I used the fiber optic cable (...) (17 years ago, 17-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Feed Me! Feed Me! Feed Me!

What can I say? This hungry little fellow is a very picky eater. He is hungry. If you don’t feed him often, he demands food. But when you do feed him, he says that the food is disgusting and spits it out. If you are looking for a compact robot with (...) (17 years ago, 17-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

I'm looking for ways to build this sensor into a studless beam project of mine, and I was wondering, given it's large size and the comparative brightness of the LED used to light it, how can I use it to detect if an object is blocking a path? (...) (17 years ago, 16-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) About a year ago, I got involved in doing some hacking on the Sony PSP, and wrote a Windows utility that will rip any font at a chosen size as a bitmapped C array. If I can figure out which computer I left the sources on, I'll make it (...) (17 years ago, 16-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

> This is very good news. Thanks for the update. I've been waiting for this for > a long time, particularly to have a look at the rather weak graphics > capabilities. I've had an expanded font (and a much smaller one) kicking around > for a while (...) (17 years ago, 16-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) Now that's a cool idea. I've been messing around with remote-controlling the NXT via Bluetooth from a PC application, and it seems pretty solid. You'd definitely have some timing issues running a remote emulation like you describe, but this (...) (17 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) My understanding is that the source is version 1.04. John Hansen (17 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) If this limitation had applied to the rcx, I'd have suggested this. Because you can control the outputs and read the inputs direct from a pc you could run an emulation of the rcx firmware running your program on the pc. The rcx would then (...) (17 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  More Not eXactly C (NXC) beta news

(...) I'm working on the next beta release (15) of NBC with the focus on building the Not eXactly C (NXC) API. These features are already working: New NXC API functions: ExitTo(task), Stop(bStop), SetInput(port, field, value), SetOutput(ports, (...) (17 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: NXT Snake game

(...) "Left as an exercise for the reader": Create a version which uses a bluetooth cellphone as a controller for access to more keys. Also: Nxtris, anyone? Hey! What about a physical implementation of Snake? Dennis (17 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Not eXactly C beta news (NBC)

(...) I have uploaded NBC beta 14 for Linux, Mac OSX, and Win32 platforms. John Hansen (17 years ago, 14-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Not eXactly C beta news (NBC)

(...) I just uploaded a zip containing a few example programs to the NBC samples page. (URL) I'm working on documentation. I'll be releasing beta 14 later today (for all platforms) which has the following new features: Version 1.0.1.b14 Adds string (...) (17 years ago, 14-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Not eXactly C beta news (NBC)

(...) Where do we find the sample file test.nxc, or some other documentation of NXC? I didn't find the sample file in the source and binary distributions of beta 13. (17 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  NXT Snake game

(URL) Oops almost forgot to post this on Lugnet. Read about it (URL) here>. ROSCO (17 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Not eXactly C beta news (NBC)

(...) You rock! (17 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Not eXactly C beta news (NBC)

I have just released a new beta of NBC with built-in support for 3 programming languages targetting the standard NXT firmware. This beta release focuses primarily on improving the Not eXactly C (NXC) programming language support in the compiler. It (...) (17 years ago, 12-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX) !

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) I am curious; have you ever had a situation where bad firmware locked up the NXT? And if so, what was the process to restore it to working order? (I don't have a bricked brick, I'm just asking for future reference.) (17 years ago, 12-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: NXT Firmware source code

(...) I've downloaded firmware to NXT 100s of times with no apparent ill effect. (17 years ago, 12-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) Flash memories all have a limited number of write cycles before they become unreliable. Usually, the on-chip write controller will "load-balance" the writes so that different memory locations all get used the same number of times, (...) (17 years ago, 12-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) This is very good news. Thanks for the update. I've been waiting for this for a long time, particularly to have a look at the rather weak graphics capabilities. I've had an expanded font (and a much smaller one) kicking around for a while now. (...) (17 years ago, 12-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) ROSCO (17 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) Thanks for the heads-up about this! (And also the pointer to the v1.04 firmware update, too!) It is amazing how far TLC has come since the early days of the RCX. Even for those who don't plan to change the firmware, there is certainly a lot to (...) (17 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT firmware v1.04

LEGO has released an update to the standard NXT firmware. Version 1.04 is now available for download. (URL) Hansen (17 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt) !

  NXT Firmware source code

LEGO has posted the standard NXT firmware source code today. You can get it on the NXT'reme page: (URL) direct link to a EULA is here: (URL) Hansen (17 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt) !!

  Re: Mac universal bluetooth filebrowser.

(...) It's fixed. - Carsten (17 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Mac universal bluetooth filebrowser.

(...) Dragging the file out of the list works! Download button doesn't. I click download, it asks me where I want to save it, but then the file never downloads. (17 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT sensor part updates

(...) Cross-posted to lugnet.robotics.nxt Philo (17 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Mac universal bluetooth filebrowser.

(...) Oops. They are implemented and have worked for me. You should even be able to download files from the NXT by drag and drop from the table. I'll investigate this further. (...) No i haven't. Thats cause i have not written a single line of ruby (...) (17 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Mac universal bluetooth filebrowser.

(...) Oops. They are implemented and have worked for me. You should even be able to download files from the NXT by drag and drop from the table. I'll investigate this further. (...) No i haven't. Thats cause i have not written a single line of ruby (...) (17 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT sensor part updates

(...) XP to lugnet.robotics.nxt... Philo (17 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Mac universal bluetooth filebrowser.

Cool, works pretty good, except the download function doesn't seem to work? Have you tried ruby-nxt? It provides bluetooth access and works well on intel macs. It doesn't have all the system commands for uploading/downloading files yet, but I'm (...) (17 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Mac universal bluetooth filebrowser.

Hi, i have written a little filebrowser for Mac OS X - Tiger (10.4.X). The DMG can be downloaded from (URL) site>. -- Carsten (17 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: nxt + i2c sp03 Text-To-Speech?

(...) There are chips available to convert ASCII text to allophones, although this would increase the power requirements. One example: (URL) actually used such a combination (many years ago) to build a simple speech synthesizer board for my apple (...) (17 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: nxt + i2c sp03 Text-To-Speech?

(...) That is pretty much exactly what I was talking about. Of course, such a chip cannot increase the available power, it can only tweak the ratio between voltage and current. So this might work for some applications, but perhaps not in this (...) (17 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: nxt + i2c sp03 Text-To-Speech?

(...) If I'm understanding things correctly, could something like this work? (URL) appears to be able to take 2.5 - 5.5v in and give up to 5v out at up to 90mA. It would be great if it could be powered from the sensor port directly instead of having (...) (17 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: nxt + i2c sp03 Text-To-Speech?

(...) I'd say its worth a try from the 4.3v supply from the NXT. I note that the SP03 spec. says it has a 3v regulator onboard, so its not really running from 5v anyhow. The I2C signals are open drain, so they should be ok unless their inputs won't (...) (17 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: nxt + i2c sp03 Text-To-Speech?

(...) It sounds like the NXT probably doesn't have enough power available to run that chip, but you might look at using a BUC (Boost-Up Converter) component to bring the 4.3V supply up to a higher level? I've only been peripherally involved with (...) (17 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: nxt + i2c sp03 Text-To-Speech?

(...) Yes, but unfortunately the 9V sensor supply is limited to 15mA just like the RCX sensor supply. Not easy to power a module that consumes 80mA... Philo (17 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: nxt + i2c sp03 Text-To-Speech?

(...) That would be the LOWSPEED_9V flag? (...) I just might do that. (...) The chip used in the book I have is the SpeakJet (URL) It's a LOT cheaper than the sp03, however, it uses a serial interface and would be a lot more complicated. I'd have to (...) (17 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: nxt + i2c sp03 Text-To-Speech?

The NXT can also optionally apply 9V to I2C sensors on the same input/wire that is used for reading the analog values. There's a flag to set this up. I know it is accessible in RobotC and I think you should also be able to set it up via NBC. SO (...) (17 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: nxt + i2c sp03 Text-To-Speech?

Hi Tony, (...) Nice little beast! (...) Most probably it should work. I am a bit more concerned about current consumption (80mA - not 80mAH as shown in documentation!), since the 4.3V supply can deliver 180mA for ALL seven NXT ports. You may also (...) (17 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  nxt + i2c sp03 Text-To-Speech?

I'm a software guy, not a hardware guy. I have very little experience designing circuits. To show how little I know, I'm actually reading through Electronics Projects for Dummies at the moment. ;) Well in this book they describe a simple (...) (17 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC-NCX Experiences

(...) The simple answer is that NXC does not yet expose that functionality. I am feverishly working on implementing that API. I apologize for the compiler problems. John Hansen (17 years ago, 3-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NBC-NCX Experiences

Hello NXT-Community, currently I make some tests with the very nice NBC-NXC compiler. My first tries to drive the Tribot around were successfully 8-) But now my question is: How can I access sensors from NXC ? All my attempts causes the compiler to (...) (17 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NBC Debugger

Tamas Sorosy has recently made his awesome NBC Debugger available via his website. (URL) this page you will find a link to the NBC Debugger as well as his excellent NBC math library. To use the debugger you should download the very latest test (...) (17 years ago, 1-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Date/Time Clock for NXT?

(...) I think so too. One solution to the problem would be an I2C clock "sensor", such as MindSensor's (URL) one is not directly adapted to NXT, but if there is some demand it would not be hard to do... Philo (17 years ago, 1-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Date/Time Clock for NXT?

In article <J9Jv4v.nDo@lugnet.com>, Dick Swan <dickswan@sbcglobal.net> writes (...) This question seems straightforward. In the hardware schematic PDF that Lego have published there is a block diagram of the "Power Block" on page 4. This does indeed (...) (17 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Date/Time Clock for NXT?

Hi Dick, (...) that is all less than crystal clear from the AT91SAM7S data sheet, but plausible. (...) I think so, too. On page 2 at the left there is the circuit which generates VCC3V, and it is controlled by the AVR via P_EN. The 1.8V for the core (...) (17 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Date/Time Clock for NXT?

A date/time clock would be a useful addition to the NXT. Naturally, it should continue to operate even when the NXT is powered "down". So here's a question for any hardware gurus that have a good understanding of the NXT schematic. The ARM processor (...) (17 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Extreme NXT: Extending the LEGO Mindstorms NXT to the Next Level

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Didier Enjary wrote: (URL) (...) Thanks for the plug, Didier ;o) Still some time before the book hits the shelves... Philo (17 years ago, 24-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact