 Robotics / NXT / 274
Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:45:46 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Philippe Hurbain wrote:

Your fiber optic cable idea is interesting... and it works well!

I've also used this the other way around, using a fiber optic cable to route
light to the phototransistor itself. Do this with more than one light sensor,
and you can have much better spatial resolution (the ends of two fiber optic
cables can be right next to each other; not so the light sensors themselves).

Hi Brian,

What kind of application needed this precision? Line follower?

Did you need to shield the fiber to avoid stray coupling of light to the
phototransistor?

Philo