 Robotics / NXT / 275
Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:54:03 GMT

Hi Geoffrey,

I'll have to download and check out your program.  It looks great!  I'll
also have to see if I can get the sensor to detect 1x1 plates - I like
working with big challenges in small sizes!  ;-)  It probably should detect
them from above at the very least.

Detecting 1x1 plates should not be hard if they pass close to fiber optic end to
efficiently block light.

By the way, is the reddish-pink hue just a camera side-effect, or did that
come about because the light doesn't travel perfectly through the fiber
optic cable?  Or is it because of the orange background of the light sensor
itself?

I believe it's caused by the blue background I used that somewhat fooled my
camera white balance. That said there is a lot of light loss along the fiber -
These are not the high grade ones that transmit light for hundreds of km without
repeaters!!!

Many thanks for the contraption, and for some ideas I might be able to use
from your BrickShelf folder.

And many thanks for the original idea ;o)

Philo