 Robotics / NXT / 230
RE: nxt + i2c sp03 Text-To-Speech?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 07:14:26 GMT

The NXT can also optionally apply 9V to I2C sensors on the same
input/wire that is used for reading the analog values. There's a flag to
set this up. I know it is accessible in RobotC and I think you should
also be able to set it up via NBC.

SO what you would do is drop the 9V to 5V via a voltage regulator and
some kind of filter capacitor. If the text-to-speech chip draws low
enough current you won't need a heat sink.

If you post the current draw on the TTS chip, likely someone will
comment on a simple circuit for dropping the voltage.

I'd also do a little more searching for other TTS chips that might work
on the lower voltage.. There was a nice article in either "Nuts and
Volts" or "Servo" magazine sometime in the last year on a TTS chip