 Robotics / NXT / 279
Re: NXT Firmware source code
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:45:29 GMT

Dick Swan wrote:

There are also two different specs that we're dealing with here. One
is the number of times that complete flash can be rewritten (i.e.
downloading complete firmware and the other is the number of times
that an individual sector can be written (i.e. writing a user program
to flash). I believe the conservative specs for these are 100 and
10,000 respectively.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the 100 cycle limit is
only on the lock bits, I think. This is specified at the
extreme limits of voltage and temperature.

At normal room conditions, actual NXTs were reflashed (which
cycles the lock bits) at least 7,000 times before failure.

Your mileage, will of course vary :-)

Cheers, Ralph