 Robotics / NXT / 250
Re: NXT Firmware source code
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:25:02 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, John Hansen wrote:
LEGO has posted the standard NXT firmware source code today.  You can get it on
the NXT'reme page:

http://mindstorms.lego.com/Overview/NXTreme.aspx

The direct link to a EULA is here:

http://mindstorms.lego.com/Overview/OpenSource.aspx

John Hansen

This is very good news.  Thanks for the update.  I've been waiting for this for
a long time, particularly to have a look at the rather weak graphics
capabilities.  I've had an expanded font (and a much smaller one) kicking around
for a while now.

Is it viable to repeatedly download test versions to the NXT firmware though?
Wasn't there an issue with the number of times you could download?

Does anyone have any plans to develop a system whereby machine code applications
can be run on the operating system?  That would give more scope to develop more
advanced applications, as then one could develop libraries to do new things
rather than firmware hacks.

Is there a forum I'm not aware of where this can be progressed?  I suppose I'm
getting ahead of myself if no-one's done a successful build and download yet
though...

Jason R