 Robotics / 14885
Re: I wish Lego made an "Anti-Backlash Gear"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 05:27:24 GMT

Yes they do lose a little, I guess we always knew that would be the case, I
hate to see you not use the gear if it's to loose, reurn it for a new one if
you decide somthing really needs it. Also I consider this gear a "back-up"
in preventing mechanical failure, System controll being the supervisor (RXC)

Eric

In lugnet.robotics, Micah J. Mabelitini writes:
Steve Baker wrote:

I find they are almost always WAY too stiff for the
applications I have - by the time they've started to slip, the motor
has usually stalled - or ripped the robot to bits.

Hmm interesting. I only have one clutch gear (the one that came with RIS
1.5), and it is too *loose* to really be at all functional. I've also
read that the clutch force tends to drop in them the more they are used.