 Robotics / 14874
Re: I wish Lego made an "Anti-Backlash Gear"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 02:20:33 GMT

Bob Fay wrote:

The closest thing to an anti-backlash gear is the Conical gear (a misnomer).
It can be used to load a gear train. I have used this in a design by Iain
Hendry.
http://bobfay.users5.50megs.com/newmill.htm

I have tried using a second motor in the gear train with a slight reverse
current. This pretty bulky.

I think the gear you want is a sandwich of two gears that are spring loaded
so the teeth oppose each other. This would work in a small gear train.

There is another example of the conical gear at the end of this page.
http://bobfay.users5.50megs.com/speedy.htm
--
Bob Fay
rfay@we.mediaone.net

http://bobfay.users5.50megs.com/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/7900/
"Eric Sophie" <Legomaster@gobi.com> wrote in message
Tech question for us: Any body know what an Anti-Backlash gear is?

What set(s) include this "conical" gear?