 Publishing / 3304
Re: Scans are back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 18:12:25 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Horst Lehner writes:

Which types of claims are you talking here? I can see that submitting does
not GIVE them any rights above and beyond the ones they have, so they cannot
CLAIM anything. But how could they claim any rights, from submitting to
Brickshelf?

Read what I wrote carefully.  It adresses material *submitted*
to the Library.  That means you have no control over what Brickshelf
does with it's copies of what you submit.  In other words, you can't
revoke your submission, or suddenly decide you want a royalty for it's use.
Imagine what might happen if TLC authorized us to sell Instruction CD's?

None of this concerns what you do with your scanner or your copies of
what you submit, it only concerns Brickshef's rights to the material
submitted to it.  If we meant to control what you do with your copies,
there would be other language to that effect.  (think of contests
where all submissions become their property, but if you win you have
to agree to sign over all rights to receive the prize).

Also, this only applies to Library submissions, not gallery content uploaded
by users (which is covered by the gallery TOS).

KL