 Publishing / 3307
Re: Scans are back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:28:34 GMT

Hello Mark,

Anything uploaded to Brickshelf, bet it scans, digital pics, gif files, text
files, whatever, becomes property of Brickshelf in the regards that
Brickshelf can do whatever with those files (print them, delete them, give
them away for free, etc). Everything EXCEPT selling the material.

Well, if that is what it means, this certainly differs from what I
understood when I read:

All submissions become property of Brickshelf L.L.C.

because with property I am usually free to even sell it. Also, since we are
talking intellectual property here, I thought it would exclude others,
including the submitter, from using it in any way.

Now, Kevin has made clear that this is not what he means, and, since I trust
him, that's enough for me.

This means that while you are the owner of the jpg file of that LEGO(r)
model you submitted to Brickshelf (and you can do whatever you want with
that file, including selling copies if you want)

I didn't see it that way if I handed over property to Brickshelf. But,
again, that is now clarified by Kevin's statement.

Other than that, I agree to your posting.

Greetings

Horst