 Publishing / 3282
Re: Scans are back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:34:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.publish, Horst Lehner writes:

All submissions become property of Brickshelf L.L.C.

In my opinion, this is by far too simplistic and extensive.
Does it mean I will not have the right to use the scans I created and
submitted to brickshelf in other ways, as I see fit (of course limited by
the LEGO Group's copyright)?
Does that mean Brickshelf L.L.C. will have the right to use my scans
commercially (of course, again, limited by what the LEGO Group permits
them)?
I think this point needs modification or at least clarification before I
will submit any more scans ...

That is required to prevent claims from those who submit material to us.
It is standard business practice (think of contests where people submit
entries).  To be clear, yes it does mean that you give up any and all rights
to scans you submit to Brickshelf.  Keep in mind that the overriding factor
in this case is the original copyrighted material owned and controlled
by the LEGO Company.

KL